" Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Disclaimer: This site is not an official blog site of Iglesia Ni Cristo. It has no permission from the Church Administration.
Interesting Questions About "CHURCH - the Church of Christ"
Interesting Questions About "Church - the Church of Christ"
1. I CONSULTED SEVERAL Bible translations and versions, and I found out that in most renditions, instead of "Church of Christ," the phrase written in Acts 20:28 which refers to the true Church is either "Church of the Lord" or "Church of God." As far as I know, only Lamsa's Translation mentions "Church of Christ." Why do you believe that "Church of Christ " is the correct name of the Church founded by Christ? Jasmine Domingo,Cotobato City, Philippines Click here to read the full Answer to the Question.
2. MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE teachings of the Bible is that all religions that believe in Christ, like the various Protestant groups to name some, compose the Church of Christ mentioned in the Holy Scriptures. Remember that this Church is also referred to by the Holy Scriptures as the "body" of Christ (Col. 1:18). The analogy is so purposive to indicate that as a literal body is made up of many parts, the Church built by Christ, though only one, is composed of many religious groups believing in Christ.
3. TO SAY THE LEAST, the doctrine that membership rn the Church of Christ is necessary for salvation is highly problematic. For what about the people to whom it is extremely improbable to preach the doctrines you uphold—like those in very remote tribes or in places where Christianity is illegal? As for me, it's my conviction that as long as I follow God and Jesus Christ I will go to heaven. This is all that matters. I am saved even if I refuse to enter the Church of Christ.
4. HE BIBLE IS CRYSTAL CLEAR about salvation as a free gift from God. . . . . God loved us so much that "he gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). Thus, Jesus bore our curse (Gal. 3:13) and experienced death for us (Heb. 2:8-9)—He was the one who took the penalty of our sins (II Cor. 5:21). When we receive Jesus as a personal savior we are no longer condemned as written in Romans 8:1 which says "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus . . . . . " Therefore, because of the grace of God we are saved and not by being member of any church (Eph. 2:8), let alone your church.
5. HE BIBLE IS CRYSTAL CLEAR about salvation as a free gift from God. . . . . God loved us so much that "he gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16). Thus, Jesus bore our curse (Gal. 3:13) and experienced death for us (Heb. 2:8-9)—He was the one who took the penalty of our sins (II Cor. 5:21). When we receive Jesus as a personal savior we are no longer condemned as written in Romans 8:1 which says "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus . . . . . " Therefore, because of the grace of God we are saved and not by being member of any church (Eph. 2:8), let alone your church. Willy Austria, Maryland U.S.A. Click here to read the full Answer to the Question.
6. THE LATE FELIX Y. MANALO preached that Christ is man, a claim upheld by ministers of the Iglesia ni Cristo. Preaching that Christ is man is proof that the Iglesia ni Cristo is a church of man and not of God. How, then, can your church claim to be of God? Dominciano Astorga, Panay, Philippine Click here to read the full Answer to the Question.
7. MY FRIEND, WHO is member of your Church, has been trying to prove to me and to my friend Grace (we are both Born-Again Christians) that your Church is the only Church Christ Jesus will save come Judgment Day. But aren't those who have accepted Christ as personal Savior, believe in Him, and follow His commands the ones who will be saved? And also, isn't the meaning of Iglesia (Church) believers in Christ? Therefore, if one believes in Christ, he is already a member of the Church of Christ. Thus, Iglesia ni Cristo is not a organization but comprises many groups who believe in Christ!
Also, how true is your belief that your Brother Felix Y. Manalo is the messenger of God in these last days? Do the verses you use to prove his comission really pertain to him? Lany Decena Magbalita, firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to read the full Answer to the Question.
8. I WOULD LIKE to know why you call your Church Iglesia ni Cristo or Church of Christ—you use Christ's name in the name of your religion—when you believe that Jesus is not God? Also, shouldn't the Church be called "Church of God" as stated by Apostle Paul in Galatians 1:13, I Corinthians 10:32 and II Thessalonians 1:4?Romeo Estores,Philippines
9. IT IS CLEARLY stated in the Bible that "God does not dwell in temples made with hands" (Acts 17:24). So, why do you call your temple or chapel as "house of God" when, obviously, your chapels and temples were made with man's hands? This is certainly a doctrinal error on your part.
10. I READ IN your magazine, God's Message, that you claim to be the true Church in these last days. As I continued reading your articles, I was surprised to learn that your Church started in the Philippines. How can your Church be the true Church if it started in a small and poor country like the Philippines? Why would God choose the Philippines out of all the nations in the world to be the place from where the true Church would emerge?
11. THE BIBLE STATES that God wants all men to be saved (cf. I Tim. 2:4, TEV). Salvation is for and through the Church (cf. Eph. 3:9-10, Ibid.). Do you think that your Church which is not yet worldwide can save man? And is it not against God's desire to save the few?
I believe that only the majority Church of today (majority group of believers today, not during Noah's time) could stand along with God's desire to save mankind, especially when He gave His assurance to them—"What I have planned, that I will do." (Is. 46:11, Ibid.) Ermilita Monilar, Dangcagan, Bukidnon, Philippines Click here to read the full Answer to the Question.
12. I AM A born-again Christian. I wrote to you to clarify certain issues regarding our Lord Jesus Christ. You teach that Jesus is man. If this was so, then the Scriptures should not have stated that every knee should be bowed before Jesus.
You also uphold that Jesus is not God because He is not omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent. But didn't Jesus say that ALL authority is given unto Him? The Savior didn't say that SOME authority was given unto Him., Moreover, Christ didn't say that unless a man joins the Iglesia ni Cristo, he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. But what He said was that a man must be born again. This is the key and not your so-called Church. Thus, who are we to believe? Your Church, or Jesus? Noel Rojas, Manila, Philippines Click here to read the full Answer to the Question.
Malugod po namin kayong inaanyayahan sa mga pagsamba ng Iglesia ni Cristo sa ating Lumikha. Kung mayroon po kayong mga katanungan ukol sa mga aral na sinasampalatayanan ng Iglesia ni Cristo, maaari po kayong magtungo sa kapilya o bahay-sambahan na malapit sa inyo at makipag-ugnayan po kayo sa ministrong nakadestino rito. Nagagalak po silang kayo'y paglingkuran. Sa Diyos po ang lahat ng kapurihan! _____________________________________________________