Biyernes, Abril 27, 2012

"The emperor's whim"


"The emperor's whim"




Letter to the Editor:
 GOD'S MESSAGE, April 2006, p.4

I CAME ACROSS your magazine "Pasugo" (December 2003 issue) while I was in the lobby of my dentist's office. I became curious and started to browse the contents. I became particularly interested in the article on page 16 where on it you quoted from   a book entitled Challenge of a Liberal Faith, p* 60. The quote  is as follows:

"The Council could not agree and after two years, impatient at the delay the Emperor Constantine appeared and addressed the assembly; ordering them to agree on the divinity of Christ ...."

I have always wondered and at times even doubted the teaching on the divinity of Christ but I never had the time to do any research on it. I now use this quote to my relatives and friends showing them that a Roman emperor was actually responsible for influencing the ecumenical council that declared the divinity of Christ-

I would like to thank you for opening my eyes and helping me arrive at the truth, both historically and biblically.


Noelle de Leon
San Francisco, California, U.S.A.

Editor's reply:
We are happy to hear that were able to help you arrive at  the truth. The Christ-is-God doctrine is  indeed  a man-made teaching formulated by the Catholic  council in Nicaea in 325 A.D., with the manipulation and intervention of Emperor Constantine. The Bible, most of all is replete with   verses that prove that Christ is a man and not God (John  8:40; I Tim. 2:5; Matt. 1:18  20; Hos, 11:9; Ezek. 28:2} .

By the way,  we just wanted to point out for your information the quote, "The Council  could not agree and after two years...."  In some references, it states that the Council convened for only two months. In fact, in a book entitled History of the Church Through The Ages  Robert H. Brumback it states  that the Council of Nicaea deliberated for merely "sixty-seven   days" and not two years. Also, remember that the Council of Nicaea convened in 325 A.D. and the Nicene  Creed  was  completed in the same year. We used the reference   simply   to  show   the intervention of the emperor and that it was he who ordered the bishops to agree on the divinity of Christ.

We hope that  the Lord   will continue to guide you so  that you will continue to be enlightened. If you have any questions or comments,  feel free   to visit the Iglesia ni Cristo congregation nearest you.